Federal, state, and local governments acquire more goods and services than any other group in the world. Governments spend billions of dollars each year presenting a tremendous business opportunity for contractors. However, the laws, rules, and policies applicable to government procurements are complex and ever-changing. Doing business successfully in this vibrant but challenging public sector of the economy requires a thorough knowledge of these laws.
Beard St. Clair Gaffney attorneys have extensive experience representing businesses who sell products or services to federal, state, and local governments. We understand the procurement process and have successfully navigated our clients through the maze of regulations, rules, and procedures required to submit and ultimately acquire lucrative contracts.
Areas of Experience
- Federal, state, and local government procurements
- Business formation and structuring
- Strategic business and contract counseling
- Joint ventures and teaming arrangements
- Bid and proposal preparation
- Contract compliance and performance
- File and defend bid protests
- Contract negotiations
- In-depth understanding of the government procurement rules and regulations
- Intellectual property protection
- Equitable adjustments and claims
- Mergers, acquisitions, due diligence, and novations
- Terminations for cause and without cause
- Disputes and complex business litigation
Understanding Bids & Proposals Today, bidding for government contracts at all levels is intense. Many small businesses are in the thick of the battle, fighting for contracts that look to be within their financial and operational grasp. Preparing a bid for a government project is a time-consuming process where we can help you be successful. We advise our clients on which contracts to pursue and provide advice on a strategy for each.
Early advice can protect your position in connection with later disputes, audits, and investigations. We assist clients in negotiating contracts with federal, state, and local governments and are familiar in many jurisdictions with those terms and conditions that, although not mandatory, are considered to be “non-negotiable.” We analyze the legality of particular contract provisions and the risks relating to federal, state, or local government specific laws and regulations.
We pride ourselves in providing quality legal services in a timely manner by simplifying the law for our clients, protecting their interests, enabling their plans, and resolving their conflicts. When disputes arise, Beard St. Clair Gaffney’s litigation team brings deep experience in resolving issues in every government contract setting and before virtually every federal administrative and judicial body.